PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report 5-11-2013

walleyemaxx
05-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone,

First off I want to send out a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you moms. This is your day, hope someone takes you fishing.

Yesterday I guided Jeremy and his son Tyler out of Chippeewa Shores resort. The morning started out cold and windy and got worse from there. The wind was strong out of the North with a partlt cloudy sky to start with, and by the afternoon the wind was howling out of the North and the temps went from a balmy 42 degrees to 39 degrees with snow showers intermintly into the evening. A good day for penquins.

We did catch fish. Most of the fish were caught in the morning and after a hearty lunch and hot coffee at Deerfoot lodge, we ventured back out. The weather got worse, and the fishing slowed way down. The water temps were 44 degrees everywhere we went and stayed there all day. That means the walleyes should be in the early stages of there spawn. We did catch one walleye and had several hits that the fish just stopped it and then let go. Most times the minnow would be gone. We also caught LGM bass and SM bass and perch. All those fish slammed the jig and minnow.

The afternoon's wind made boat control next to impossible. Even with drift socks we would have drifted to fast and when I put down the anchor, the wind dragged us. We pretty much had to fish where we could, not where I wanted. But by the end of the day, Jeremy and Tyler went home with a good bag of fillets from the walleye and perch.

The weather forecast calls for better weather in a few days. I'm hoping that will pick up the fishing. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx