View Full Version : South of the Dam

BlueSprint07
05-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, I was hoping to get some feedback on the camping and bass fishing south of the dam. For the last 10 years I have fished and explored pretty much every other part of the flowage. If you drew a line from R-16 on Crow's nest to R-3 just S of the dam, I've never truly went below there. Lake Ten, Rat Lake, that entire basin if you will. Typically go up to hit the bass spawn every third to fourth week in May with a buddy. We're the guys camping on Blair Lake peninsula if you are ever up there that time of the year. As mentioned, pretty much seen and fished every other part of the flowage from all around big island, Merkle, Baraboo, springstead, Blair, Townline, Murray, etc. Thinking it might be time to try some new territory this year. Usually launch out of Fisherman might do springstead if we're going down that way. Looking for feedback on the campsites and smallmouth action. I'll gladly share some helpful knowledge for other parts of the flowage if anyone can provide me some insight on the area I'm researching. Take care and tight lines.

skywalker11
05-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Good fishing south of the dam. You will like the area and will find fish in the regular areas, just be carefull of the many hazards down there. Lots of big rocks(if you see a straight line of small islands north of rat lake,be especially carefull of rocks) not to mention the stumps and shallow flats.