PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-11-2013, 07:34 AM
The walleye action yesterday was unbelievable to say the least. Spending the day working shallow weeds and wood, my 2 clients and I found active eyes on just about every spot we tried. Using 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we found that the larger eyes were relating to sharp drops, 3 feet of water dropping to 8 feet, these areas were especially hot if there was abundant wood (stumps) on the breaks. The eyes for the most part were in the spawning mood as several times we brought in a fish with another at it's side, and the males were all milking. Shallow weedy areas also produced large numbers of eyes, in some spots it was almost a fish on every cast. The most interesting part of all the eyes we boated is that the smallest one we caught all day was 16 inches. Can't remember too many days where we spent throwing back 18 to 20 inchers. Most of the day, believe it or not was spent searching for smallies because we already had our limits of hefty eyes, and to our surprise, we only found a few, guess it was the day of the walleye. We also boated 7 nice fat pike that ranged from 25 to 30 inches, these came from the same sharp drops that our larger eyes came from. All in all, it was an awesome day to be on the TFF.

Big water still had plenty of ice cover as did the area from Norway Point to Big Island, parts of Baraboo had ice as did the entrance to Springstead Landing.

Back out tomorrow, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net

sureshot612
05-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Don thanks for the report and good to here from you,we always enjoy the detail you give in them .we have another week to go so keep the reports coming. I'm sure by the time we get there the ice will be gone. you would have thought the eyes would have been done spawning,did you by chance get the water temp ,till later SS612

mooselegs
05-11-2013, 06:44 PM
thanks again Don for your continual updates. Two things I look forward to each day....getting up and reading your reports!!

My buddy and I are heading to the TFF on Monday, May 13th.....hope the Springstead Landing is free of ice!!!