PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 5-10-2013

walleyemaxx
05-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Finally got the boat in the water today for a couple hours for a shake down cruise. Everthing worked and I'm excited to get this fishing season in gear.

Under a cloudless sky with a soft but chilly North wind I did a little drifting, then anchoring. I had more hits anchoring on stucture and even then the hits were light. I managed a walleye up to the boat and then proceded to hit it with the net and send him to his freedom. About 16"-17" fish. That's the only fish that would take the jig and minnow. The rest of the hits just stopped the jig, hold for a few seconds, then drop. The water temps were 43 degrees when I started and rose to 46 in the 3 hours that I was there.

There was still a big chunk of ice between Scott Is. and Little Banana that prevented boat traffic through there but with the warm weather with all that sun, I'm hopefull the lake will be completely ice free in a couple days. The ice just won't leave!!! Next Winter when we want ice for ice fishing, it won't be untill late. Oh well live for the moment. I'll enjoy the open water season now that it's here. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx