PDA

View Full Version : fishing report for 5-07-2013

walleyemaxx
05-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone,

The Big Chip is still covered 70% or more by ice, but I still managed to find some good shore fishing opportunities. I stopped and fished 4 different bridges and found one that had fish around it. Caught 2 walleyes a northern and lost some other fish I didn't see but figured them to be walleyes. A family of 4 stopped and fished there too and the mom lost a walleye at the shore by her feet. Actually was fun.

I caught everything on jigs and minnows. Fish were not real aggressive and just were barely picking up the jig. Lost a lot of minnows but opted not to use a stinger hook. Beautifull afternoon-evening with heavy clouds passing by and warm ait temps.

Tommorow calls for thunder storms and more warm weather. I'm thinking my boat gets wet thursday-ice or not. Enough ice should melt so I can get to where I want to go. The lake looks strange covered in ice this late in the Spring. But the ice is almost black in a lot of areas so it should go fast now. If your coming up for the weekend, still use a lot of caution. May still be some chunks of ice floating around. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

Mark Benson
05-08-2013, 12:02 PM
and floating/drifting ice may block your path off the water...

Mark

walleyemaxx
05-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't believe the ice chunks will be big enough by Sat. Just don't want to hit any with the boat going very fast. Should be small enough to safely navigate around. Good luck fishing everone.

Walleyemaxx