PDA

View Full Version : DNR Spring heraings 2013

walleyemaxx
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Attended the annual DNR Spring heraings held Monday night at the Hayward High School for Sawyer County. I didn't see the results of the voting untill today.

First off, that was the best run meeting I've ever been to for anything, but especially for a DNR meeting. Usually a few guys are allowed to ramble on and on and on..... Not this meeting. A warden from Sawyer county who lives in Winter and I didn't hear his name except his first name was Tom. If any one knows his last name, please post. He ran a tight ship! It was a relief to see things run so smoothly since there was a lot of questions to go through. He read the questions quickly and you had to be quick to write in your yes or no answer. If there was a question raised by anyone, he allowed discussions, but be quick and to the point. A very good job of moderating.

The only topics that really were of interest to report here are #1- and the big one- Trolling was voted down. Both State wide and by a wide margin locally. The discussions ran 5- against trolling and 4-for trolling. That was the most discussed topic while I was there. In the end, trolling was kicked in the butt. Hopefully the DNR gets it this time and will quit bringing it up for a vote. seems like every other year they bring it up.

The other topics that were of interest for our area-Open LM bass to be harvested starting opening day.That passed by a wide margin both locally and state wide.

Allow the DNR the authority to enact laws to help ailing fisheries by adjusting bag and size limits. That passed by a wide margin both state wide and locally.

Allow the DNR to adjust ceded territory bag limits quicker in response to the actual tribal harvest. That passed both state wide and locally by a very wide margin.

The last one that I was interested in was the question of bag and size limits for Big Chetac lake in Sawyer CO. It passed.

I didn't hang around for the hunting part because of time issues I had, but the results are listed on the DNR website.

A reminder to visit http://www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com/. to order your Lead-free jigs and spinners in time for the opener. They are cheap and I have free shipping until June 1st. Thanks everyone and good luck fishing.

Walleyemaxx