PDA

View Full Version : New Cabelas Store, Millcreek.

Bob Seybold
03-25-2013, 05:33 PM
I just saw on WICU TV 12 in Erie where a new Cabelas store is scheduled to be built in Millcreek near Buffalo Wild Wings, how will this effect the smaller retail stores in the area ?... any thoughts pro or con. Like or dislike ?

Red Childress
04-06-2013, 08:23 AM
At least the site has been determined. When the Cabela's fishing tournaments/bow shoots first started coming to the Warren area back in the mid to late-90's, it was more or less a recon mission to see the feasibility of building a store somewhere in the surrounding area. The chatter back then was that the store would be built in the Mercer area to utilize the I-79 and I-80 interchange. Then for several years, we heard nothing about it except that the Mercer area idea was not an option anymore.

I am glad to hear that they are building a store nearby and I am sure local tourism will benefit from this development as people will combine a tour of the store into their vacation plans to visit nearby areas.......especially during the steelhead season. I would not be a bit surprised to see an FLW or MWC walleye circuit tournament move closer to the Erie area either.

Red Childress
04-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Sounding like the Cabela's store may not be coming to Erie County after all.......

Bob Seybold
04-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Sounds like the property owners and Cabelas could not come to an agreement, however I understand that Cabelas is still intrested in a store in the Erie area. Possibly not a done deal yet either way. Time will tell.