PDA

View Full Version : recent fishing report

Ty Sennett
03-13-2013, 09:35 AM
We've been catching quite a few fish lately but the overall size has been down. Last night we caught about fifteen keepers and a whole lot of small ones. We caught quite a few bluegill and perch but most of those were small also. Might have been the location or just timing on the smaller sized fish.

Good luck,

Tooth Tamer
03-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey Ty, you fishing East or West side?

Ty Sennett
03-18-2013, 04:18 PM
we've been fishing both sides about equally. I'm seeing the same thing on both sides; small fish and lots of them. We did fish for a couple hours and caught about 30 keepers on Sunday but it was pretty isolated on where they were.

curleytail
03-19-2013, 11:14 AM
I fished maybe 4-5 hours last Satudray. Kept 8 decent crappies - most around 10 inches. Caught a few smaller fish but overall it was slow for me.

I haven't been out a lot but the fish seem to be bait shy in the areas I've been fishing. Surprising as I'm not fishing in or near the crowds out there. Some days I'll mark fish in a hole, start dropping the jig down (small horizontal jigs) and poof, they're gone before the jig is within 4-5 feet above them.

Surprisingly, I've had some luck agressively jigging a bigger (nearly walleye-sized) spoon when they've acted like that. I mark a lot of fish that look at the big spoon and don't bite, but every now and then one comes screaming in and nails it. Usually a little bigger than average fish too.

I've been on the East side only, normally fishing about 20-25 feet deep.