PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone Yacht Club

Slip Knot
03-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Are people still driving trucks of at the yacht club access? :confused:

CrankYanker
03-10-2013, 07:47 PM
shore is getting sloppy. Ice is still decent. Fishing is terrible. First year I'm not upset its coming to an end.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Access and ice was very sloppy on Sunday and Monday. Cold temps on Tuesday and Wednesday firmed up most of it, but there were still deeper slush pockets to plow through. With all the slush freezing under my truck while I fished yesterday, I wasn't able to put it in gear when I went to leave! Had to let it run for a while before it thawed enough put it in gear. Hoping the single digit temps last night firmed it up enough that there are no more slush pockets, and we can get around fairly easy for the last couple days of the season.

Got three undersized fish on Sunday. Monday was the worst trip I had all season. Only marked one fish, and the current was so strong, even with a #9 Rap, my line was at almost a 45 degree angle. Wednesday night I got 2 shorts, one 16 incher, and lost one other fish.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Well, that last day SUCKED!!! Managed to land only one undersized fish. Now if the 8 other fish that smacked my Rap would have stayed hooked, it could have been an excellent end of the season!

From the business side, I hate to see the season end, but the fishing side of me is glad to see it over. Now I can start fishing for fun, (this walleye season felt more like work.) Hopefully they'll be more cooperative in 2 months!