PDA

View Full Version : Photo's and History in one article about the camp we all love.

DSmith
03-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Read page 4 before going forward. Then look at photo's on page 7-8. Something I found nosing around and then confirmed it with Frank and Laura.
http://www.lakeofthewoodsresorts.com/newsletters/november2011.pdf

Enjoy.

Tim Kelly
03-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Beer parlour you say eh?

Great stuff Dick.

dpear
03-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Good stuff Dick.I still miss the Store.:-(
I can remember the very first time I pulled up and Frank was there.That's all I'll say here except we both sure looked and acted different then.:-)

RASPUTIN
03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Great find, Smith! Pretty sure we now have a legitimate claim to Baystore. Those Hansen boys must be Bill's great uncles. Wasn't sure until I read that Elvin found his bride in NE. Not to worry Frank, you and Laura will still run the place! Also enjoyed the blueberry dessert article.
Cindy

dpear
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Cindy will you be selling blueberry desert?With a scoop of ice cream?Just like old times.
Maybe Frank could wear a tux and black tie more often as well.Dress code wouldn't hurt.

RASPUTIN
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Are there any wild blueberries in the woods? Who will pick them? I don't want to meet a bear and fight for them.

dpear
03-07-2013, 06:02 PM
A few blueberries,one chokecherry(Frank),one elderberry(me) and the bears.And wolves.However,Scarlet will protect you.She's ferocious!

dpear
03-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Test of the day.Review the following blip of Angle history.When you scroll to the blip on Baystore,the question is what is the name of the dog on the left?
Hint,she occ barked/whined when excited.

http://www.lakesnwoods.com/AngleInlet.htm

RASPUTIN
03-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Barkley? She looks like she's not a pup there. I must be bored to be playing this game.

dpear
03-10-2013, 11:41 AM
No,sorry.Check out Frank.Nice mini tux on,no grey in the beard,must be awhile back.A christmas carol comes to mind.

fishwizard
03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Too Easy! Red berries, sharp leaves. I remember her scaring the crap out of me when we were sitting at Frank's dining room table and she jumped up right next to me out of nap hearing/smelling a bear go past the window with the most vicious bark/growl I'd ever heard from her. Spooked the bear too, as it ended up bolting out of the thicket near the house and up the tree right outside the door to the store cabin. Well that and the bear caught sight of Phil Blanck coming out the cabin door right next to it, so the only way out was up.

Ryan

dpear
03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Wrong,'too easy' is not the name.
I do,however,remember the bear/Phil incident although senility doesn't allow me to recall which one was up the big pine.Phil was lucky,timing is everything,the big pine is now gone.