View Full Version : What's your strategy...

BretRobert1
03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
going to be when the ice comes off the Flowage?

Personally, I mainly fish for muskies, but target all species throughout the year. I'll be focusing on select spawning bays early on with smaller bucktails/tinsel than I usually throw. Probably going to mix in some gliders and top-water as well.

I've yet to fish the Flowage, but am counting down the days until ice-out as I just purchased a cabin this winter. A friend of mine, who's a pretty well known name in the musky community and I have been dissecting a lake map, pin-pointing spots and sharing ideas.

Can't wait..

Good fishin'

Bret

Mark Benson
03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
BR:

If I was able to fish the flowage I would fish it the same way as I would just to the south of you... If we are able to put a boat on the water before the general fishing season, I'd chase some panfish and get any kinks out of my boat before the walleye fishing season. I might also trek down to the WI R. and try to get some fish there. There's also Escanaba to try.

If I were to get bored with the 'eyes before the musky opener on Memorial Day, I might trek up to fish for them on the MI border lakes. Then the Memorial Day opener and anything else walleye and musky til ice up...

Mark

P.S. I forgot, there's a trip or two up to Lake Superior or two as well!!!

George
03-05-2013, 04:20 PM
First thing I do when the ice goes out is quit trying to ride my snowmobile over to Donner's. Learned that one the hard way....just kidding! :p

skywalker11
03-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey Bret, dont take this the wrong way ..........but are you literally talking about fishing for muskies after ice-out? or were you implying after the musky opener of memorial day weekend? Anyone I personally know who fishes the flowage follows the regulations(with or without DNR presence), especially the locals and home owners of the area.

BretRobert1
03-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey Bret, dont take this the wrong way ..........but are you literally talking about fishing for muskies after ice-out? or were you implying after the musky opener of memorial day weekend? Anyone I personally know who fishes the flowage follows the regulations(with or without DNR presence), especially the locals and home owners of the area.

Definitely after Memorial day. Should have been more clear.. You can add me to the list of people that follow regulations.