PDA

View Full Version : Tight lips!

jerkbait
02-05-2013, 08:51 PM
So Ive been out half a dozen times off the Esky beach in a spot that we've done well at now. And cant get the damn fish to bite! Marking plenty of fish I guess they could be white fish but at dusk and the way they are acting. Trying dif. sizes, colors, minnows, minnow heads, no minnows, glow, no glow, spoons, swim jigs, minnow and hook!!! Im lost anyone else having bite issues?

RudyG
02-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Same, exact, thing here.. just a little further south from you but nothing in the tackle box will produce a fish. Although I had 4 short hits in the last two trips.. got me excited. :mad:

The Bait Shop Guy
02-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Suckers on tip-ups seem to be the most consistent way to get any bites down there, from what we've heard. Bite was slow off the Gladstone harbor last night, too. Marked a fair number of fish, but they weren't very active, (did managed to land 3 undersized walleyes, and lost one more.) Current was ripping last night! Had a hard time keeping a #9 Jigging Rap or a #8 Snap Rap in the cone angle of the graph. Tough to see how the fish are reacting to the bait when you can't even see the bait!

birddog94
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Bummer, finally have the time to take a run down and the fish are tight lipped. Just have to stay home and try for some more bluegills.

KiplingHouse
02-07-2013, 06:28 PM
I have to agree. We’ve been having them come right up to the bait and bail every time. Very frustrating. I couldn’t even get the perch to bite a wiggler.

iceyes
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I have to agree. We’ve been having them come right up to the bait and bail every time. Very frustrating. I couldn’t even get the perch to bite a wiggler.

Got perch and eyes to hit a size 00 razorburn this evening. Nothing huge but a few keepers.

birddog94
02-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Maybe this big Low will turn things Monday. Might just have to venture out and trudge through the snow and see what might bite and bring the whole tackle box!