PDA

View Full Version : Justen Donner Memorial Ice Fishing Contest

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
01-21-2013, 12:50 AM
The Justen Donner Memorial Ice Fishing Contest will be held this upcoming Saturday, January 26, 2013 on the ice outside of Donners Bay Resort on Hiawatha Road, just off of Iron County Highway FF from Mercer and Ashland County Highway F from Butternut. Proceeds go to suicide awareness and prevention. Prizes will be awarded for the 5 largest fish in the categories of walleye, northern, crappie and perch. There will also be raffles throughout the day, music, food and beverages, along with fireworks at dark. Tickets can be purchased at the tent or at many Park Falls, Fifield, Butternut and Mercer businesses.

Ice thickness is now being reported at 12"-15" and with the -20 temps for the next few nights, it will most likely be even thicker. Trucks are already driving on the ice.

Please also remember the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage Association Ice Fisheree on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at the same location with prizes galore. Proceeds go to the promotion and enhancement of the TFF.

For more info or tickets, contact Donners Bay Resort at 715.476.2555.

Stay warm on the ice!

FlambeauFisher
01-21-2013, 10:07 AM
This tournament is always a good time, regardless of how good the fishing is. I've got a group of 5 coming up and my brother's group is about same. Lot's of fun- try to attend!

Rich P

George G
01-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Scott, what is the cost of the raffle tickets this year.

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
01-22-2013, 12:50 PM
I think the tickets are $5. Call Donners Bay at 715.476.2555