PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses

smallmouth99
01-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Can someone tell me what color of polarized lenses work the TFF? Going to Bass Pro on Fri. and want to get a pair that will work the best in tannic color water.

George
01-15-2013, 09:46 AM
I use two different colors depending on how bright it is. I use the brown lighter tint for cloudy overcast days and the darker gray/green for bright sun. As far as brand is concerned, I use the Berkley bifocals since, like my opthomologist says..."You have the eyesight of a fighter pilot...you just can't read the instruments in the cockpit!" They're polarized and come in +1.5 through +3.0. Not completely sure of the higher power as I use the +2.0 so I quit looking when I find those. You can get these at Wal-Mart and they are under $20! I know there are a lot of guys who won't touch anything but Oakleys but I have found that the more expensive the glasses, the greater the likelihood they will get lost or stepped on. But, that's just me. Hope this helps.

George G
01-16-2013, 10:40 AM
I use two different colors depending on how bright it is. I use the brown lighter tint for cloudy overcast days and the darker gray/green for bright sun. As far as brand is concerned, I use the Berkley bifocals since, like my opthomologist says..."You have the eyesight of a fighter pilot...you just can't read the instruments in the cockpit!" They're polarized and come in +1.5 through +3.0. Not completely sure of the higher power as I use the +2.0 so I quit looking when I find those. You can get these at Wal-Mart and they are under $20! I know there are a lot of guys who won't touch anything but Oakleys but I have found that the more expensive the glasses, the greater the likelihood they will get lost or stepped on. But, that's just me. Hope this helps.

I agree with you George, I have bought some at Gander Mountain, they are called Fish Eyes their. Great for tying hooks on and seeing what you are doing up close. All polarized, I have several colors, like you have mentioned. All aournd 20 $.