PDA

View Full Version : perch

weekend jimmy
01-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Was wondering how the perch have been? Heading out butler island area tomorrow and looking for any info as to the bite and what has been working. It sounds like the walleye are being a little touchy lol. Thanks in advance.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Walleyes have been slower than usual this winter, but the bite has been improving this past week. Sounded like more legal sized fish were caught, based on the reports we've been hearing at the shop.

The better perch reports have been coming from around the south end of 1st Reef, in 10 to 20 FOW. Basic perch minnows and wigglers have both been working well.

Should go without saying - be extremely careful around the pressure crack running north from Butler's Island! A sled and a quad went through, just north of the island Thursday. The warm weather the next couple days won't help the situation. Last we heard, you were still safe to cross the island to avoid the crack.

weekend jimmy
01-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks, I made it out yesterday. I was the one that stopped in for minnows and cleats. I'm sure glad I got the cleats!!! Man is it slick out there!! I was fishing the north end of Butler Island in about 14 fow just before the pressure crack. Bite was slow and small for perch. No walleyes. I fished till after dark. It was nice getting out non the less.