PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
12-31-2012, 06:37 AM
I was out yesterday with 3 guests and we had a very good time on the hard water. Setting up in 6 to 8 feet of water with a rocky and stumpy bottom, we found some decent action till around 5 PM and thats when our action stopped. Earlier in the day I set up 1 tip up on a spot that I found last year where we caught nothing but smallies where the bottom was covered with large stumps in 7 feet of water and all I got there was snags, lost 2 fish and my hooks as what ever species bit rapped me around the stumps. At days end we ended up with 6 nice eyes along with a few hits and misses. All the fish were taken on sucker minnows and golden shiners. Ice thickness was between 8-1/2 to 9 inches.

LundAngler
12-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Don,
It was good to see you again. We all had a good time, and caught some fish to boot!
Have a Happy, Healthy, & Prosperous New Year!
Jeff

Don Pemble
01-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Jeff,

And the same to you my friend, may this new year bring you only the best.

I had a great time with you guys and it's makes it even better with walleyes on the ice. I will be posting reports on the TFF each day I get out so stay tuned.

Eye's-In-Mind
01-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Anybody go out ice fishing this weekend? Got held up with work and it was killing me all weekend thinking whether or not the walleyes were biting decent. Most likely going up next weekend, so hopefully the slight warm spell we may get mid-week will not hurt the ice. Also, anybody have any reports on the ice thickness on the big water? Have some spots I want to try around there and wondering if it is strong enough to hold my ATV and me. Thanks All and Be Careful!

Don Pemble
01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I've been out the last two evenings and have done quite well on the walleye. Both yesterday and today we found some nice eyes in 5 to 7 feet of water over gravel bottom with some scattered wood. Golden shiners 15 inches off the bottom seems to work very well, most fish have come just after darkness sets in. Ice thickness seems to average between 10 to 12 inches out in the big water, have seen some truck traffic out there but I'll wait with that until we get a couple more inches.