PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 11-11-2012

walleyemaxx
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi everyone,

First off, THANK YOU past, current, and future veterans. We enjoy our freedoms because of the sacrifice's you made.

Yesterday I took my bud Ron out for what will probably be my last open water excursion for the year. We started out with actually a beautiful morning that went south real quick. Temps were 58 degrees with a south wind that felt warm. During the first hour we fished, the weather was changing. Heavy clouds swooped in with a hard rain while the wind changed to the Northwest and the air temps dropped!

Fishing with my leadfree jigs tipped with minnows, we caught walleye,crappie and northern in that first hour. But after that, the cold front shut the fish right down. The water temps started at 43 degrees, but quickly went to 39 degrees. For lunch, with our hands and feet numb, and my face frozen solid, we stumbled into deerfoot lodge for some philly cheese steaks. When my senses started working again, I saw that the outside thermometer registered 34 degres. The air temp had gone down 24 degrees in a matter of a few hours. I looked at Ron and announced "a cold front has arrived hey??". I have a grasp for the obvious. After Jims tasty lunch, we actually tried to fish some more. After an hour and a half, the hard rain turned into freezing ice pellets mixxed with snow. Even my frozen brain knew it was time to call it a day.

If the weather stays cold, I'm hoping for early ice. Even by thanksgiving? Hoprfully. I looked out this morning to see my boat full of snow. Guess it's time to winterize it and put it away till next spring. Again, grasp of the obvious!!! Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx