PDA

View Full Version : Oct 29th report

Rob Manthei
10-29-2012, 06:44 AM
We are currently getting our second big cold front of the fall. The current temp is 19 degrees. Water temps are still hanging around 46-47 on the medium sized lakes and around 50 on the largests lakes.

Muskies have been very active on live bait and day to day on lures. Some days fish will follow and others the lures are just getting a good wash.

Depending upon the lake, muskies are using green weed edges, points, steep shoreline breaks, humps, etc...almost have to fish everything. One thing that has been very important for me is fishing slow....work the structures over.

Most of my fish have come on my own quick set rig and live bait. I've only had one complete "whiff" on suckers this fall. I hope to have this rig on the market next year. There are a lot of rigs on the market now, but some aren't worth it and others are too gaudy or too hard to break free. With 39 fish in the boat so far in the month of October, I'd say something is working properly.

Lots of decent fish are hitting the net, but only 2 over 44''....and this is coming from the right waters. The big fish bite is still to come guys and gals..

10" weighted suicks, depth raiders, mag dawgs, jakes, and large spinnerbaits have been getting some action from fish, however as the water temps drop some more, look for the live bait bite to become exclusive.

deantre
11-08-2012, 08:28 PM
great report Rob, thank you