PDA

View Full Version : Frank I have a question

Jerry Borst
10-27-2012, 12:32 AM
1st, thanks as always for all of your referrals, if you ever need a shinny new retriever, lure, just say the word and it will be on its way, thank you very much!

Most of last week we fished Eagle and had a great time but finally decided to see what all the hubbub was about and come fish lotw. We launched at Sioux Narrows and headed east. Our 1st day we landed no muskies but did get 10 decent pike to 38" and a walleye or two. The following day more of the same, 33 fish total...... No muskies. However we did snag into a couple of old decayed abandon nets, rocks for weights and short branches used as buoys, kind of strange to hit two in a day..... Our 3rd day more of the same nothing spectacular with a nice lake trout but once again,,,,, no muskies, again, you reading this already know why you fish at Franks but hey lay off its our 1st time ha ha.

One more thing, the strangest thing happen yet once again, we ran into another net but this time it wasn't an old decrepit thing, it was space age with plastic buoys and everything, however with all it's newness came the disgusting part, it was loaded with dead fish, some still living but mostly old decaying fish, sm, walleye, a couple to 28", pike, a big LT maybe 40", no Muskie there either.

So what's the deal with all the abandon "unmarked" nets? Really??? Do you have them by you?They just put them in, take off and go deer hunting??? Or do they net them too? We videoed some of it and it was sick, we didn't count but I'll bet there were at least 50 dead fish and the really crappy part was it was placed in what we figured to be close to one of the best spots in the many miles we looked over, yeah it was raining most of the time.....

dpear
10-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Jerry,
Did you head east or west out of Sioux Narrows?
Sad about the damn nets!

musky1969
10-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Hey Jerry butthead!!
Why did'nt you or your partner call me? There is a big difference in the waters I think you fished and the "Other" areas of the lake lets get your partner and come on over for a beer and we will talk.
Darren

dougj@wiktel.com
10-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Jerry:

If you headed east out of Sioux Narrows you would have been heading into Regina Bay. This part of the LOTWs has a very low muskie population, and is located very close to the Indian Reservation on Dogpaw. This would be the reason for numerous Indian gill nets. Most of the Indian nets are closely checked and most of the Indian fishermen do a good job of checking their nets. But as with all folks there are a few who sometimes forget to do what they are suppose to.

If you had headed west into Whitefish or north toward Yellowgirl and then west I'm prettty sure you would have experienced a better LOTWs trip.

Doug Johnson

Jerry Borst
10-28-2012, 06:13 PM
We did fish Regina rimes with, sorry it was a long but way too short of a trip if that makes any sense..... We mostly fished the big hole (this is starting to go paces I never intended) anyway and the last farthest to the east, though they are technically connected, some steep stuff off that rock pile in the 3rd. *We also went into Long Bay and took some fish off the long ridge like hump out in the middle, bet that spot is nuts in the summer... Also went west from there but don't recall the name, not much to write home about.

So we took a shot, the pike and walleye are of average size and numbers, the sm run small and it is what it is, the Eagles were everywhere, that part of the lake is absolutely beautiful, the people all except for the wardens out looking for hunters were extremely friendly, had their game face on.....*There are lots of lakes and areas to fish in this world and to get all hung up on meaningless political crap, Ill leave that fight for others, however it just came as a big surprise and telling at the same time snagging into that many abandon nets in such a short time, such a waist! But I've got to hand it to them for what its worth they defiantly have it dialed in, their nets are in good areas and at the right depth for the season but a couple hundred or longer years should tell them that.

But we move on,
Mr. Johnson,

Thanks for your advise, someday we'll probably take it and have a look see to the west and north, funny cause Yellow Girl we talked about, White Fish not so much, those depths and without even seeing it, that clear water not high on our list, thanks again!

Butthead??? Ha! I'll have Chris get ahold of you, he's retired now have you heard, bought a motor home and a few new Spoon jigs he's fully armed now, ha ha!