PDA

View Full Version : Still not much to report on

The Bait Shop Guy
10-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I was out of town for a couple days to go to a dealer show, mid week. Weather was lousy and Diane had no walleye fishermen in while I was away, so no new walleye reports. Perch were still biting well in the Escanaba harbor. I fished there Friday afternoon. Bite was good while it was windy and raining. Once the weather calmed down, so did the bite. Guess everyday is different.

Finally looks like we're getting a nice weekend, and we are starting to see a few walleye fishermen heading out today. If we hear anything, I'll be sure to post it.

Did talk to one guy that tried trolling near the mouth of the Cedar River last night. While making his first pass across the mouth of the river, near the green can, he got hung up in a net in 20 FOW! "Hung up," as in main and kicker motors and all his board lines! Luckily it wasn't too windy or things could have been much worse! It was dark, and he wasn't able to see any markers, (if any were there.) Keep your eyes open if fishing that way.

tomjohn
10-20-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm sure there were buoys on the trap nets.

Jason Wrosch
10-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Coming up Wednesday and will be fishing Esky down to Ford river I will report on what I catch. Sounds like its been windy up there for the last few weeks huh?

The Bait Shop Guy
10-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm sure there were buoys on the trap nets.

Sounds like it is a legal, marked net. Those buoys are sometimes hard to see in the day. Even worse at night with overcast conditions.

schmutzomatic 5000
10-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Been net in that general area for months now. More south in same depth too.. I would say they marked the nets even better this year. Painted bright and clear but yes I agree nets can sometimes be hard to see with conditions even if you are farmiliar with and area. Hell I have lost boards in clear day light...