PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 10-17-2012

walleyemaxx
10-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi everyone,

Went out in the wind and the rain yesterday afternoon. Other then losing a walleye at the boat, and not a big one, the walleyes pretty much had lock jaw. I eventually found a secluded bay where the typhoon wasn't belting. Found some really nice perch and a bunch of small SM bass. Biggest perch was a respectable 12" and caught several more at the 9"-10" range releasing everything. The smallies were all small but provided good action.

Caught everything on my lead free jigs tipped with minnows. had a bobber rig out with a minnow, but nothing touched it. The wind was very strong out of the South East with very heavy cloud cover and intermintent rain showers. Air temps weren't all that bad but the wind made it feel colder and the water temps are hanging in there at 47 degrees. Believe it or not, I saw a bug hatch going on toward the evening. There is an incredible amount of natural food in the Big Chip right now. Makes fishing tough now, but should make the ice fishing season interesting. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx