PDA

View Full Version : October 7th and 8th fishing report

Ty Sennett
10-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Well, the big pike are eating suckers good but not the muskies. We've had some mid thirty inch pike hitting suckers lately and maybe a muskie or two but with as many big pike that are hitting it's hard to tell unless you boat them. We had one pike T-bone a sucker right at the boat today. Looked to be about 33 or 34 inches but not what we wanted to spend five bucks on a sucker for. We had two other fish grab suckers today but like I said, who knows. We set on one of them and lost the fish. We did get the sucker back but it was not in the best shape.

Water temps are at or just below 50 degrees and the cold wind is a pain in the butt. I could use a calm day. I'm crabby!

Dave Hardy
10-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Hey Ty,

What has the sucker supply looked like so far this fall? I know they are expensive! Any difficulty in getting some bigger suckers? I hope the bite turns on for you and your clients as the season progresses.

Talk with you when I head up later this month.

Dave Hardy

Ty Sennett
10-11-2012, 06:56 AM
So far so good on the suckers. I've been getting them from Jenk's and D&B Bait and Tackle because they are close to home but I'm sure hayward Bait and Bottle has some along with the Winter gas station and Whiskey Ridge in Radison. It shouldn't be a problem getting them this year from wht I've seen so far.