View Full Version : TFF Moose Photos

BlueRanger
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I received these yesterday from someone who didn't know how to post them... They were taken Saturday in the Baraboo area. I'll leave it to the photographer to identify himself and provide details of the encounter if he's inclined to do so.

George G
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
I received these yesterday from someone who didn't know how to post them... They were taken Saturday in the Baraboo area. I'll leave it to the photographer to identify himself and provide details of the encounter if he's inclined to do so.

Blue really nice picture. I have seen tracks along the shore over near the Dam , thought they were one of the biggest deer tracks of my lifetime, then some one told me about the Moose, :),, Hey does anyone know if Donners Bay is going to have the end of the year fishing contest allong with their great meal after the contest in the evening. All ways fun and yummie for the tummie. Just curious, can't come this year, flowage is down now almost 4 feet, not good for launching at Donners either. Tough time to fish the flowage also with the water down, dangerous .

BlueRanger
10-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Everybody says that, but I love it when the water is low - it's really easy to run up to places like Bonies Mound or Murrays Landing if you know where the channel runs relative to the stump fields. And it's a good opportunity to memorize or GPS where all the obstacles are and which areas would be safe if you added back 3-4' of water...

Jim Kohl
10-04-2012, 08:01 PM

Thanks Blue Ranger!
Someday I'll learn how to post photos. These images were taken on Saturday, September 29th, just after noon, on an island near the Little Baraboo Lake basin on the Flowage. This young bull seemed unconcerned, and allowed me to carefully get within 25 feet with my bow mount motor. Close enough for a few good photos. Earlier this year, I had to hit my brakes, to miss hitting a big Cow Moose, that crossed Highway 182 in front of me, just West of the Bear River bridge. Thanks Again Blue Ranger!

Jim Kohl

Ruff Fish
10-18-2012, 08:45 AM
There are some decent pics of a bull Moose that was in the Mercer area 2 years ago (I think) posted at Beaver's Resort.

Jim has a trail cam pic and a picture of him on their dock. They're on a bulletin board in the bar, if anybody wants to see them.

Thanks for posting these!