PDA

View Full Version : toro verus calcutta b

traddatz
09-25-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm buying a new setup for big rubber and cowgirls. What do you guys think for a reel, toro winch or calcutta B?

SilverFox
09-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Calcutta TE! I hate to admit it cause I have used Abu Garcia forever. Those Calcutta reels are the best by far. At least thats my opinion.

Ty Sennett
09-26-2012, 07:13 AM
The toro is not a good Cowgirl reel if the fish want it fast. you will flat out wear yourself out. I don't know any full time guides that use the Winch for Cowgirls because it's only good for slow rolling bucktails and you can slow roll Cowgirls with any reel for that matter because it's easy. I guess the only thing a Winch is good for is creepers and Hawg Wabblers but again, you can do that with any reel. The super high gear ratios and the super low gear ratios are not much good for standard fishing. Get a big power handle for a Calcutta B and it will outperform a Winch rather handily plus you can use it for any bait unlike the Winch. The funny thing is that the 5:4:1 gear ratio that was in the middle Revo was the best one but they took that off the market.