View Full Version : Fishing Report from June

byronbears84
09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
I guess its easy to say that i am very late on this post, and i apologize for that, but here it is!

Well, I had been looking forward to June 11th for the past 9 or 10 months when a group of friends and I decided we would take a week out of our summer break and go on a camping and fishing trip. Its a little depressing knowing that I have to wait another 8 or so months to get back up there :'( The Turtle Flambeau Flowage is better than i expected, both the camping and fishing experiences were great! We lost our prop to the bottom on the first day, so until we could get the parts a few days later thanks to the help of the DNR, we were forced to fish right off the island where we camped. We caught several perch and northerns throughout the week. Most were caught in 8-12 fow. The biggest perch was a nice 13 incher, with a few 10s and 11s to go with it. We caught a few really nice smallies, they were found in wood at a depth around 9 ft. We struggled to find the eyes on the first few days so we gave don pemble a call and worked out a deal with him. He was certainly able to put us on the walleyes we wanted! We caught 7 that day with him and a couple the few days after. I want to thank everyone that has helped me out in the past few months, my friends and I really appreciate all of it. Thank you and cant wait to make it up there next year again! :)

Mark Benson
09-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Glad to hear you were able to get in touch with Don and he had a big enough heart to work out a package with you guys!!! Keep him in mind as your income grows!!!

Mark

byronbears84
09-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah, we couldnt thank him enough! He is certainly in our plans for the coming years! And Mark, thank you for all the help you gave me before we went on it. I couldnt thank any over you enough! So thanks a lot!!