PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 9-14-2012

walleyemaxx
09-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Scott out of R&R Bayview resort for a half day yesterday afternoon. To start out on our hunt for walleyes we had a high blue sky with cooler air temps. The water temps had gone up to 69 degrees frpm 66 the day before and the wind was variable in wind soeed all day but fairly consistently from the north. Tough condidtions but never impossible. It took a while to find any fish at all. Was marking them on the electronics, but couldn't convince them to hit. it wasn't until our 4th spot that we caught anything. After that we caught fish at every spot. Wound up working hard for 3 walleyes, keeping 1 nice 17"er, bluegills-a few 9-10"ers but we released them all,crappies,perch,a SMM bass,and even a rock bass. The only fish we kept was the nice walleye.

I used jigs baited with minnows and Scott used jigs baited with leeches. I caught nothing on the minnows while Scott was having all the action. I finally swithched to leeches and only then did I srart to catch fish. Bad thing is I only have a few leeches left. Did have hits on the minnows but they would just stop the jig and never seal the deal. They would slurp in the leeches. Eventually they will be nailing the minnows when the water temps get colder.

Toward evening the bugs that hatched the night before were coming back in droves and laying their eggs then flying off to die. The bug hatchs this year have been very prolific. Always seem to be something hatching. There should be a lot of food for the fish crawling around on the bottom now. Will make for some fat walleyes this fall. If you want to catch some of those fat walleyes, give me a call and we will make plans for our walleye hunt. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx