PDA

View Full Version : Freezer is empty...

xtroll
09-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Freezer is empty...

I have a nice lil buck picked out for Oct. 1st.

But I need a line on some Gills or Perch.

Anyone having any luck over on Big Bay?

God gave man all kinds of fish for sport, but he had dinner in mind when he planted Lake Perch... don't make me go to the Swallow Inn... I need info.

OK I'll beg, please....

"Hungry Mike"

We ask a simple question
And that is all we wish:
Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

The Bait Shop Guy
09-15-2012, 05:22 AM
We've been getting some good perch reports lately from around the mouth of the Escanaba River. I ran into a few last Wednesday, near the rock jetty to the north of the river. I was marking a lot of fish near the base of the breakline in 34 to 38 FOW. Anchored up and caught 5 nice perch in pretty short order, then they shut right down, (it was about the time the clouds and cold front moved in.) Tried again last night, but i was difficult to hold an anchor due to the wind. When it did hold, all that was biting were the little bait robbers.

We've done well on perch and bluegills in the Escanaba harbor in the past. So far this year, I haven't had a lot of luck, the few times I've tried. September through mid October is usually good in there. I did have a guy last week say he was doing well on the Escanaba River, going out from the West Gladstone Bridge access. Might be worth a look, especially on those days when it's too windy to fish the bay.

Good luck. Let us know how you do.