PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 9-02-2012

walleyemaxx
09-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend. Spent the day fishing weeds with weight forward spinners. I made a line of weight forward spinners years ago that were very effective on bass and walleyes. I now am making a new line of weight forward spinners that are lead free. Yesterday I wound up with 2 small walleyes and about 4 dozen bass. About 3 dozen lg mouth and a dozen sm.mouth. I kept my limit of 5 lgm bass for the pan. I have experimented with a few different designs this year and now have one that is almost perfect. They are more effective in the weeds than crankbaits because they can get through with out getting hung up on every little weed. I used both minnow body's and curly tail grubs on the hook and they are both effective.

Of interest is 4 of the smallies were 17" or better and 2 lgm. were 16". The design of the bait has the hook right where you want it when the fish hits so you get a better hooking percentage. I decided to start making the weight forward spinners again because there are not many on the market. My plan right now is to market them starting this next Spring along with my lead free jigs. My lead free jigs are working better then the toxic reg. jigs for a couple of reasons, so I am happy with their performance enough to market them starting next Spring.

The weather yesterday was perfect for the holiday. Bright sunny skies with a modest south wind. Air temps were right at 80 degrees with the water temps holding at 74 degrees. I almost forgot. My biggest catch of the day was a 15 pounder. Yep that's right, a 15 pounder. I dragged up a 15 pound anchor!!!!! Going slow to pinpoint a certain structure my motor killed abruptly and the boat stopped like I had brakes. Upon inspecting my motor, I noticed a rope tangled around the prop. After I untangled the rope I felt weight on the other end and pulled up an anchor that looked brand new. After losing 3 anchors this year, it was a fun swithch to find one. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx