PDA

View Full Version : August 30th and 31st report

Ty Sennett
09-02-2012, 11:18 AM
On the 30th I had Keith Middlestat and his dad out in the morning. We went 0 for 5 on hits. Keith had hooks into one big one that looked to be upper forty inch before it rolled and got off. The rest short hit us on everything from topwater to cowgirls to Ghosttails. Not our best performance but the fish just didn't really crush the baits either.

In the afternoon and evening I had Dave black and Michael Mandzen out. We didn't see much until about dinner time when I boated a 41 incher on a Bulldawg. Right after that Mandzen caught a really nice 48 incher. That was his best fish. He asked me to let him unhook the fish which I thought was pretty darn cool. It was wrapped up in the net pretty good but after some hooks cut it was fine. That fish made for a great night. And by the way, Dave didn't catch any. It's been a trend of his lately.

On the 31st I had Dave and Mandzen out again and Dave put on a good display on how to not hook fish. It was like he was fishing for team PETA. All in all we had quite a few hit and follow but nothing in the boat. Mandzen did manage to throw his rod in the lake; so we had that going for us.............which is nice.

On the evening of the 31st I had Lonardi and Snizz(Dave) out and Snizz caught a nice 44 incher on a Bulldawg. That think flew out of the water. Pretty cool. After a little surgery to remove the bulldawg the fish was fine. If you're going to use Bulldawgs prepare to cut a lot of hooks. They don't like to just nip at those baits much.

Good luck.