PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 8-24 and 25.

walleyemaxx
08-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Guided two half days out of Johnson's resort yesterday and today. I split time with a 16 and 12 year old boys and 11 year old twin girls. The mom and dad were in a tag along boat and we all caught a lot of fish.Most were small, but some were nice size as we wound up with a fair amount for the pan. We caught a lot of different species, walleyes,perch,crappies,bluegills,sm bass and rock bass with a northern lost at the boat. We split the catch on jigs and leeches and slip bobbers baited with minnows. One of the big thrills for the two days was when one of the twins,Maya caught her first ever walleye.

The weather was beautiful on both days with hazy sunshine and clear sky yesterday and filtered sunshine with lots of cloud cover today. Air temps both days were around 80 with the water temps 75 yesterday and today. The algae bloom is still in full swing and I still see evidence of the bug hatches occuring. The trees are starting to turn color already so if you get a chance to visit the great northwoods, do so. There are some mud bogs starting to appear now and the smaller ones are hard to see untill you are right on top of them. No texting while driving your boat please. Unless you are trying to text me your best spots. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx