PDA

View Full Version : August 23rd and 24th fishing report

Ty Sennett
08-25-2012, 07:28 AM
On the 23rd I had three different groups out. The morning and afternoon trips were tough. We didn't even have a lonely pike sniff our baits. In the evening of the 23rd I had Phil Cali out and he had two eat Pacemakers and a couple others follow them. He didn't stick either one of the fish that hit but he did get some grief from me for setting the hook too soon. The second one he missed seemed to be pretty good. Later that night I had one eat a Cowgirl and landed that one. It was 39 inches.

Yesterday I had Rob and Jason out and Rob caught one in the first five minutes on a Pacemaker that was also 39 1/2 inches. We didn't see anything until after an afternoon break Rob caught another on a Pacemaker and had another hit. The one he caught was 40 1/2 inches. Rob had one other follow that looked a little better but we didn't get a great look at it. Jason had one on right at the boat until it decided to spend more time out of the water than in the water and got off.

Not sure what the water temps are but the trees are turning fast. Kind of weird to turn this early but this has been a strange weather year.