PDA

View Full Version : Musky/Pike Flies

ttabaleulb
08-20-2012, 10:37 AM
If any of you fly guys out there can't find the time or don't have the equipment to tie your own flies, I'd highly suggest checkin out Vermont Fly Guys if you are interested in buying some. These things are VERY well tied and attract toothy critters. I've only had them on a few trips with me so far and they have landed me a few Pike and one Musky so far. Also had a few more follows on them, but couldn't convert at the boat. Not only do they look great, but they are pretty darn easy to cast, at least with a 10wt. They stand up to the torture of all those teeth too. I have another batch on order for the Fall fishing and I cannot wait to get em wet!

Good luck out there.

Jay

Red Childress
08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Checking it out now. Thanks!

ttabaleulb
08-21-2012, 08:19 AM
No problem Red. I bought a handful of patterns from them in the Spring. They all look great. I'm really partial to the ones they call "Maelstrom Whistlers". Mainly because the action of those flies with the dumbbell eyes is absolutely phenomenal. It also helps that the Pike and Musky seem to enjoy them quite a bit too. LOL This pattern has become one that I always have setup on a 2nd or 3rd rod if I happen to not be using it already.