PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report 08-12-12

JerkyJosh
08-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Pretty much the same on Sunday as Saturday. Fished the morning hours with no luck on the walleyes. Did catch a few more bluegills. Good size to the gills 8-9 inchers. Sounds like storms tonight and then a cool down for a few days. Good luck fishing!

walleyemaxx
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the rport Josh.

I got out yesterday for the afternoon. saw something That you don't see everyday. I saw two loons feeding aggresively and diving and coming up with minnows in their beaks. I motored slowly toward them without scaring them and casted my jig and leech on the structure. I caught 5 walleyes in 5 casts and then it was over. The loons eat the same thing as the walleyes-small fish. Must have been a school of minnows there and the walleyes were feeding just as aggresively as the loons. When the minnows moved, the action stopped. I've had this happen before but not a lot of times. I always watch the loons. they can tell you a lot. After that the fishing was slow. I caught two more walleyes and some sm bass and bluegills releasing everything. Caught everything on jigs and leeches. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx