PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been on Woodcock?

ttabaleulb
08-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I might be makin a trip over to that neck of the woods in a couple of weeks and hope to get some fishing in. I've heard that the weeds can get pretty bad on that lake in the late Summer. Just curious to see if anyone has been on that lake recently and what the water conditions were. Thanks.

byteme90k
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
I was there July 20th. Weeds were not a problem, I was expecting it to be thick and matted down by the bridge but it wasn't. Hardly any weeds actually.

My oldest boy got his first ever musky, a 32.5" casting. We might be heading back for a day before school starts :)

Mike

ttabaleulb
08-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Awesome, congrats on gettin your boy's first Musky, that had to be fantastic to be a part of! Thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated. Hope you get a chance to get back out there before school. If you happen to see 2 guys in a boat with one whipping the water into a froth with a flyrod late next week, stop by and say hello. Good luck.

Jay

ttabaleulb
09-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Stopped at Woodcock a couple of days ago. The lake is getting VERY low. The dock at the launch is not even in the water anymore. We hit it on the 2nd day of sunny post frontal conditions. Got one low 30's fish in the net. Didn't see another fish. If anyone goes, just keep an eye on the depth. The shallow water can jump up on ya REAL fast.