PDA

View Full Version : July 31st report

Ty Sennett
08-01-2012, 06:38 AM
I had Don and Helen Young out yesterday. Don had one hit a Ghosttail right away in the morning but didn't hook up. We fished the rest of the morning without any action and then took the afternoon off. In the evening Don and Helen wanted to learn how to crappie fish on the Chip because their two daughters were coming up and wanted some action fishing. Helen and I caught quite a few crappie and four or five walleye. I don't remember Don catching any. Helen and I made sure not to give him the hot color until we were ready to stop crappie fishing. We fished for about an hour or so for crappie. At the end Helen had a nice muskie follow a crappie up to the boat so we decided it was time to get back to business. We left that fish and came back to it about twenty minutes later and got it to hit. That one was 46 1/2 inches. That fish was out in deep water but only hit about three feet down. That was it for the night but what a nice night it was. Thanks to Don and Helen for a great time on the water.

Water temps were from 78 to 81 degrees.

Good luck,

Ty

Krad
08-07-2012, 05:32 PM
So who got the 46 1/2? I've fished with Don and Helen several times and I know from personal experience that Helen is the better fisherman!!! (sorry Don!) Kevin

Ty Sennett
08-08-2012, 06:33 AM
I happened to get that one. Helen found it with a crappie and it grabbed my bait.

DonY
09-20-2012, 05:59 PM

Never had so much fun not catching fish (for the record I did catch one crappie!). Until next year!

Don

Ty Sennett
09-26-2012, 07:03 AM
The good old days of shorts and a T-shirt. I miss them already. Thanks for the photos and the good times Don. I know you caught one crappie but how many did Helen catch?:D

Mark Benson
09-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Great pair of pictures!!!

Mark