PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-30-2012

walleyemaxx
07-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Joe and his 88 year old dad Stan out of Deerfoot Lodge yesterday catching lots of fish. We started out with a heavy cloud cover and a very strong South wind making a good walleye chop. Afternoon saw the wind switch from the north and picking up speed making boat control tough at times with the clouds scattering to make way for plentifull sunshine. Water temps were steady at 78 degrees for most of the day.

With those good conditions we were busy catching fish. We wound up with 10 walleyes , but keeping only one. Stan had a big fish on for a while that we never saw. It stayed down and pulled hard. Stan was just finally moving it off the bottom when the hook just came out. Tat's what fish storys are about I quess. We caught dozens of bluegills, crappies, perch, and Sm bass all day long keeping about 14 panfish.

We caught everything on jigs and leeches except for the crappies. Joe put out a slip bobber rig baited with crappie minnows and had a lot of action. Fished woody humps all day and caught fish at every place we tried. Of interest, most of the walleyes were small which is good to see for the future of the fishery. Saw lots of bug casings on the surface of the water for the third day in a row. Lots of bugs still hatching and they were a different size every day. Lots of fish food being produced which does make for a tougher bite.

I'm still using my leadfree jigs and am still having positive comments about them. They are a little different then the lead jigs but perform just as well if not better. To find out for yourself and to catch a bunch of walleyes, give me a call. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx