PDA

View Full Version : Slow, but tasty - 3 for 4 on kings out of Esky

acesario
07-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Much thanks to Gary on the SeaSwell for the boat ride and kings last night. We went 3 for 4 with another drive by on a dipsy. I lost a fish on copper when it decided to run for the boat and I didnt reel fast enough... now I know.

Was fun to fish with the bait shop guy too... I got to watch his fishing instinct when the first fish hit a rigger and he moved with amazing speed and dexterity to grab the rod. The Seaswell is pretty awesome boat, and with the great weather, good company and a few nice fish I certainly had a good time. Learned lots too in seeing how a well oiled fishing machine works.. fun stuff!

The Bait Shop Guy
07-16-2012, 11:56 AM
LOL! I don't think "amazing speed and dexterity" has ever been used to describe anything I've done before! Good time fishing with you, as well.

For those interested, Andrew has a series of smart phone apps that a lot of salmon and walleye anglers will find very useful. You can use them to find the running depths of slide divers, leadcore, copper, and snap weights. If I remember right, the dipsey diver app will be available soon, (correct me if I'm wrong, Andrew.) Check them out @ AcuTroller.com

DooFighter
07-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Good to meet you, Andrew and a pleasure having you aboard. Just wish the fish were a little more cooperative, thise buggers just weren't in suicide mode last night.

And yes, Chris can move quite deftly when fish are involved :)