PDA

View Full Version : any reports lately.

jwelch
07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm heading up the end of the week. I was wondering what the water temps have been and if anybody's been moving/catching many fish? Any reports on walleye fishing would appreciated too.

Thanks, Jeremy

djwilliams
07-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Just got off the phone with brother in law up at my place on the east side. Water temps 79-81 today and the temp was 94. Nephew caught 1 walleye on a perch colored crankbait in shallow water. Very hot just like Iowa is right now.

Muskydan
07-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Just got off the phone with brother in law up at my place on the east side. Water temps 79-81 today and the temp was 94. Nephew caught 1 walleye on a perch colored crankbait in shallow water. Very hot just like Iowa is right now.

Yea it was already starting to get hot last couple of weekends. Surface temp close to 80 and temp at back of the boat about two feet down at 75-77. I can imagine with the heat this week it has only risen more. I have been sticking to early and late and may be shutting it down for awhile as temps are not cooling much unless a storm goes through. Where you at on east side DJ? I have a camper at New leech lake campground i have probably seen you out there several times and not even known it.

Dan

djwilliams
07-19-2012, 06:42 PM
I have a seasonal at Pikedale, just about a 1/4 mile from the public access.

brevikfshr
07-25-2012, 11:36 PM
The cold front sure seemed to make a difference. Our group boated a dozen Pike near Bear Island.
Anyone see Muskies moving? How is the weed growth at Two Points.

Murph!
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Waters temps are still around 80. Cooler nights should bring the temps down. Muskies are moving pretty good when conditions are right. Almost all presentations are moving fish. The weeds in the 2 pts. area are much like last season, small patches here and there.

djwilliams
07-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Jim- have you been doing any trolling?

Murph!
07-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Jim- have you been doing any trolling?

I do not troll when the temps are near 80. I only fish the rocks or shallow weeds. Most of the trolling I do is for suspended fish and I believe it is a bad thing when fish come from deep cooler water and fight in hot water, it is not a good situation. Fishing shallow is better as the fish are in the same temperature zone. Also best to water release the fish. No long photo shoots.