View Full Version : Good Fishing 7/5-7/6/12

FlambeauFisher
07-07-2012, 10:03 PM
The wife and I were up over the 4th and went out fishing on Thursday and Friday and were greeted with some outstanding fishing. Impressive smallmouth (several that were 17"+) many bluegills, walleye, perch, and even redhorse sucker. All were caught using worms or crawlers. Too bad the storms kept chasing us off of the water.

Rich P

ol'wildcat
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
The wife and I were up over the 4th and went out fishing on Thursday and Friday and were greeted with some outstanding fishing. Impressive smallmouth (several that were 17"+) many bluegills, walleye, perch, and even redhorse sucker. All were caught using worms or crawlers. Too bad the storms kept chasing us off of the water.

Rich P

I was there too for two weeks and over the 4 th. We caught and released 5 walleyes in mud lake in less than two hours.
Also,17 inch smallmouth bass, perch, yellow bellied catfish, and suckers. All of these close to the cribs. Lots of fun.
Tom

Eye's-In-Mind
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't know about you guys but the fishing was TOUGH all weekend for me and my family. I went to my usual "hotspots" and couldn't seem to catch anything but the occasional rockbass or a tiny smallmouth bass. Only caught one walleye all weekend that was 10 inches (which I released). Hopefully the fishing picks up and my tactics will definetly have to change.

skumboy95
07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Was up 7/3 - 7/8. Took my 2 & 4 yr old sons fishing. Started out on some cribs trying to keep them "into" fishing, but the action was sporadic and the bluegills and crappies were running small. Later in the week I moved to an area I hadn't tried before, but locator indicated timber and fish, so we anchored in 8 ft and threw out the slip-bobbers. The boys had a blast - catching small perch, 3 11-inch walleye, numerous bluegill and rock bass, and a couple 15 inch smallies. All were released. Helping a 4 yr old reel in a 15 inch smallie was awesome! I'm surprised the pole didn't end up in the Flowage! He has asked to go fishing every day since we left. 2 yr old also enjoyed the fishing, but didn't really grasp the concept. It was a great way to spend some quality time with the boys over the 4th.