PDA

View Full Version : No news ???

JIM T
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM
seems like no one wants to post anything about all the fish they've been catching. I know we have been blessed with plenty of nice running water,thanks to the ACE. they did put a little extra in for the canoes,we should be so grateful..Anyway, i know it's been hot,low water,sunny skies etc.but where are the fishing reports, did you all just stop fishing?

lowbidder
07-05-2012, 06:27 AM
I haven't been out since early June and won't get back out until Mid-July. I can deal with the low water, it's work that's killing me!

Red Childress
07-05-2012, 07:10 AM
It has been tough lately and you have to work for your fish. Mornings and evenings are the best. We have not gotten our normal run of "extra" muskies yet but as the lower river continues to heat up, the numbers of fish will continue to improve just like every other year.

Ivan
07-05-2012, 08:18 AM
We have not fished around home for about a month, but will change that this weekend when we go to Chautauqua for the first time this year. I am a bit concerned about high water temps, but plan to run tighter drags for shorter fights and water release fish, if we can get some.

He is a nice one that I got last week in Canada. I caught this one trolling a Big Game Scuba Diver on a down rod.

lowbidder
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
That's a real beauty Adam. So I guess they get big up north... eh? :)

Ivan
07-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Yes they do. Great Lakes strain muskies are where it's at. I wish I lived a little closer to the Georgian Bay, St Lawrence River, and LSC. I guess I went a little overboard with the resizing of that pic. Lets try this...hopefully it's better.

Ivan
07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Not much better. I guess I just suck with computers.

Red Childress
07-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Great looking fish! Congrats!

I took off this past week to get away from all the aquatic traffic around here and will crank it back up beginning Sunday. In hindsight, I am glad I got away from fishing thru all these hot/muggy days.

I bet most musky lakes are just too hot to safely fish right now. Hopefully, our water has warmed up a little more since the outflow temperatures were still around 65 as of last Saturday nite.

Ivan
07-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks Red. This heat is crazy. I think it's supposed to be 101 around Pittsburgh tomorrow.

HD Fatboy
07-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Nice fish Adam