PDA

View Full Version : Latest Fishing Report - Sunday 07/01/2012

FraudDog
07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
My friend, Dick Franck and I went out on the flowage with guide Jeff Robl (Bobber Down Guide Service-715-776-0140) on Sunday morning. We left the dock at 8AM for a full day of fishing. A full day with Jeff is 8 + hours of fishing as he works his butt off to put you on the fish and does not watch the clock. We worked downed wood in 8 to 12 feet and caught limits of Walleye (14-18 inches), Small Mouth (17-19 inches), and several Perch in the 11 to 12 inch size. This was done on one of toughest days weather wise - it was in the mid 80's, sunny, with absolutlely NO Breeze. We used 1/16 oz slo fall and Reeves jigs both with slow retrieve and under slip bobbers. The jigs were tipped with either leaches or 1/2 crawlers. I should note that we caught and released at least 30 smallies besides several smaller walleyes and perch. Jeff put us on some spots that we were not aware of, but he knew held fish. I also saw a decent Muskie (40? inches) that made a "swim by" the boat as Dick was bringing in a small mouth. We also were treated to a loon who was popping in and out the area and we watched her swimming under water which was a new experience for us all.

It was a great sunburn day on the water with lots of good fish to eat, good memories, and a super guide. I know Don and Doc and others are great guides, but I would recommend Jeff Robl to any one, any day for a great fishing experience.