PDA

View Full Version : Fishin little bay

Den78
07-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Just wanted to share a/my story. Had a great experience a few weeks back. I grew up fishin the dock by kipling. My grandmother lived on "old Skelton road" and every other weekend for 7-8 years my cousin and I would trek over to the dock and fish every hour we could. Caught our share of perch of that dock let me tell you! Begining of June this year I headed back to this area with two good buddies after some of those tasty walleye. Long story short after visiting the bait shop in which I hadn't step foot in for close to twenty years(still got the best info around)we were one the water for a day of good fishin good friends great memories. It felt like home fishin on that water again and after being out from 7:30am to 6 pm we ended up landing 5 keepers all around good fish, 8 or so around 14" mark in the walleye category 1 big ole perch and had fun showing the kids the the berbit 33" that my buddie caught. While thisv was not a stellar day in the catch dept. it was a Great Day overall. I had so much fun remembering those days on the dock and building new memories on this trip. Got an opportunity to head back on the fourth of July EARLY am trip plan on being on te water by 5. I understand walleye real slow right now, hope to have some luck/ wouldn't mind landing on a nice school of perch. Reading the post on here sounds like might have a hard time boating some fish but I'm gonna give it a shot. Happy fourth everyone hope to pass ya on the water....

D