PDA

View Full Version : First Responders

dinged prop
06-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I just want to say Kudos to the first responders by the Turtle Flambeau Flowage. We had a life and death emergency while camping and got the person back to Springstead Landing and called 911. It takes 25 to 30 Min. for the ambulance to get there but the First Responders were there within minutes. They are retired volunteers who are on call to serve the area because of the long response time. Everything worked out fine because of these great people. I think it would be great if someone could put a link on here for an address where we could send donations to these dedicated people.

the other andy
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Glad everyone's ok. The Ambulance darn near took me out on Landing rd. Sunday morning, whoever was riding in there was in my prayers. Not what you want to see headed out fishing. I'll do some checking and see if I can find out who the FR's were.

BlueRanger
06-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Probably our next-door neighbors. I'm not sure if the first responders are part of the Town of Sherman Volunteer Fire Department or a separate entity, but I do know that they hold fundraising events during the year. If nobody chimes in with more info, I'll try to get some contact info next week.

Tom502
06-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Dinged Prop,

Thanks for the kind words about the Town of Sherman First Responders group. I am the Secretary-Treasurer of the group, and also live on the TFF near Springstead landing. I am glad to hear that things worked out OK for you.

Your kind of situation is exactly why we started the group. Springstgead is a very rural area and it takes 30-45 minutes for an ambulance to get here from Park Falls or Mercer. The function of our group is to respond directly to an emergency in private vehicles and bridge the time gap until and ambulance can get here. We are dispatched by the “911” operator and can usually be at an emergency scene in 5-10 minutes.

We are partially supported by the Town of Sherman and the rest of our funds come from donations and fundraisers. The next fundraiser will be a Brat Feed on the Saturday morning of Labor Day weekend. Donations can be sent to PO Box 32, Mercer, WI 54552.

If there are any questions, please message me here, or email to ShermanFirstResponder@yahoo.com

Tight Lines,

Tom502

Fishnut_2008
06-27-2012, 10:21 AM
The First Responders are a seperate entity from the Volunteer Fire Department but many are members of both. The First Responders hold an annual mini-triathalon in August to raise money for training and equipment and the Volunteer Fire Department has it's annual Corn Roast in early August as well. Here's the URL for some information about the First Responders from the Town of Sherman website: http://www.townofsherman.net/first-responders