PDA

View Full Version : Fish??? Water ???

JIM T
06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Four days on the water,low water,3 of us caught 6 small bass. spent a lot of casts on musky and pike ,saw 1,had a short follow and a blow up on a top raider, nothing to the boat. we did talk to about a dozen other guys fishing and all they had caught was a few small bass. what's going on? fishing seems to be crap. some water in the river would be nice, best boat would be a hovercraft.

Ivan
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't fish the river, so I can't comment much on the conditions or fishing there. Since you can't control the water levels in the river, maybe try a different body of water. Seems that there are several lakes in PA and OH that are "on" right now for muskies. NY season opens this Saturday too. Good luck

Red Childress
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
JT,

It has been a tough couple of weeks. Bright skies, low clear water and no wind can make things difficult.

toothyfishman
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM
The low water caused my jon boat to need some welding on the back seam after last weekend, while I guess the idiot behind the wheel was the actual cause....lol...
We got some serious rain yesterday so I'm sure some muddy water will be in our near future.

Red Childress
06-14-2012, 06:52 AM
We have also lost a few degrees over the past couple of weeks with these 47-49 degree nites. Falling temps during the Spring warm-up phase is not a good scenario. Based on the forecast and time of year, our temps should be on a steady rise for the next couple of months.

Toothy,

I was remembering our little trip up the river several years ago when I yanked a hole in my boat plus cracked the intake shoe. Are you bad luck or something??

toothyfishman
06-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Bad luck or just a little too brave..............some call it brave, some call it stupid!!!

Red Childress
06-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Another tough weekend but not nearly as tough as last weekend.

Red Childress
06-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Water levels are still low but not abnormally low for this time of year. Water temps have been climbing steadily this past week and are finally warmer than they were 6 weeks ago. With very little warm rain most of this month and cooler nite temps during late-May and early-June, water temps had gone backwards. Those days are over and hopefully the fish are starting to turn back ON.

Last day of school for me tomorrow so I will be out there on a regular basis beginning at 2pm Friday. Hopefully we will have some big fish pics coming soon!

Good Luck to everyone!

Ivan
06-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Last day of school...that's awesome. I wish I could say that. I hope you are right about the temps and fish activity. I leave for Canada in a couple days, but noticed that highs and lows, starting tomorrow and continuing for the next week, look 10 to 15 degrees below what they have been recently.

Red Childress
06-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Good Luck up there! Hopefully the water temps will not be cooling for you guys while you are there.