PDA

View Full Version : Hows the fishing?

byronbears84
06-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone! the fishing reports have slowed way down on nearly all TFF report sites :(. I leave for TFF tomorrow for the very first time and could use a little help. What depth do i want to start at this time of the year, and with the mayfly hatch ending here soon? Im targeting walleye and smallmouth near the southern portion of the lake, looking to fish beaver flats the majority of the time.I have heard the midlake humps are something to concentrate on but i doubt i will be able to find those. Wood seems to be the structure of choice by walleyes on this flowage, any tips or suggestions?
Thanks a bunch

grousehunter
06-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Well call Don Pemble, I cast Beaver Flats with Raps, Pray for a west wind, bout 20 mph, it will help the bite. smallies should be near rocks and wood and some shpuld still be shallow.

jjeyes19
06-11-2012, 09:19 PM
i don't much about the areas around the beaver flats but i do know if your looking for smallies any areas with rock and especially if you can find some reeds growing also thats better but you should be able to cast any shoreline with a rat l trap or jointed shad, also any flat between 5-7 feet with some weed cover about 2-3 feet still under the water, it can be cabbage or whatever, you can cast these areas for walleyes also.