PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 6-07-2012

walleyemaxx
06-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided an afternoon half day out of Treelands resort. Took a father/daughter, Kevin and Mackenzie out for some walleye fishing. Kevin had read my book "The Walleyemaxx System" and was impressed at how I work my system. The afternoon started out with a bang with Mackenzie catching the first few fish. then Kevin got on the board with a nice walleye and the fishing for the first few hours was very good. We boated several bluegills, crappies and a few walleyes. But the last hour, every thing just shut down. We couldn't buy a bite. On the last spot we did see a musky cruising around on the surface in 16 feet of water. That was very cool to watch.

The weather was beautifull the whole afternoon. Partly sunny with a decent SW wind making a good walleye chop. Air temps were in the high 70's and the water temps had warmed up to 74 degrees. A big warm up from yesterday. In the evening the wind died to nothing and the sky's cleared somewhat and that is when the fishing seemed to shut down. Actually kind of typical, but we did catch several fish for the afternoon including walleyes and I was impressed at 11 year old Mackenzies fishing skills. She is a very good fisher person.

All the fish were caught on jigging a leech, nothing on the bobber rig.Again all in the deep wood. Did not fish any weeds. Kevin expresed an interest to not keep any fish tonight so all fish were released. He was happy to learn new productive spots and will keep some fish for a fish fry later as he and Mackenzie go fishing those same spots.

If you are in need of a guide to show you the spots that are producing now, give me a call or email. You are welcome to bring your GPS unit to mark in the spots for future reference. Don't forget to order your copy of "The Walleyemaxx System". This is the system I use to catch walleyes and all species of fish. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx