PDA

View Full Version : Possesion Limit

fangmbr
06-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Would it be legal to catch 3 walleyes on Monday and store them in a fish basket at the dock and catch 3 walleyes on Tuesday and clean all 6 Tuesday evening?

Mark Benson
06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
fang:

If you have no other 'eyes in your possession or if you have another fishing license that is doing some fishing.

Mark

fangmbr
06-08-2012, 01:33 PM
No...those six eye's would be my only fish.

BlueRanger
06-08-2012, 02:43 PM
The regulations say that you cannot possess more than the daily bag limit for any lake "while on the water." Since the rules apply to dock and shore anglers as well as boaters, I have to believe that standing on a dock or the shore of a lake is still considered to be "on the water." So if you kept yesterday's fish alive, at a certain point you would be standing on the dock with 6 live walleyes (and no way to prove you didn't catch them all today). At that point, I think you would be technically in violation. And in terms of appearances, you would look more guilty than a guy who has three fish from the morning in the refrigerator and brings home another three later in the day. I assume your motivation is to combine them for a meal of fish that were all freshly killed and cleaned, but it just seems like you're inviting more trouble than it's worth.

George
06-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Just talked to a friend of mine here in Rapids who is a retired warden. His answer was short and to the point...Don't do that.

fangmbr
06-10-2012, 04:14 PM
"Don't do that".....and easy to understand.