PDA

View Full Version : Big Chip fishing report 6-03-2012

walleyemaxx
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Guided a full day today out of Treelands resort. Had a total of 7 people from Indiana to guide- 2 with me and 5 in a tag along pontoon boat. The day started out very sunny with just a little wind from the west. The air temps rose fast and the water temps started out at 66 degrees, but warmed up quickly to 69. With the light wind, we did a lot of drifting to start. We fished deeper humps with wood and had slow going for most of the morning. Managed 1 walleye before lunch with an assortment of bluegills,crappie,perch, and even a bass.

After lunch the weather made a major change. It clouded up and the wind started up so we anchored on the spots which were more deep wood and after it was all said and done, we had 3 more walleyes with a lot more panfish and even bass.

We caught all our fish on leeches. We tried a few crawlers, but didn't even get panfish on them. All the walleyes were caught jigging with most panfish on the bobber rigs. Of interest, I saw lots of bug casings on the water indicating a bug hatch had taken place. That can make for tough conditions, but we fished hard and had a very rewarding day.

If you are in need of a guide for July and Audust,I have many openings. Contact me and we can set up a very rewarding day for you on the Big Chip. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx