PDA

View Full Version : A couple 20 inch river bass

The Bait Shop Guy
06-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Fished the Escanaba River last night. First time I've been on the water in a week, and I was starting to get a little twitchy! Got my "fix" right off the bat, catching a nice 20 inch smallie on a Lemon Pepper Dipstick worm. A short time later, I popped another 20 on the same bait! Cormorant Lures is a small local company that makes soft plastics. I had them make me a couple custom colors specifically for fishing stained water like the Escanaba and Ford River - Lemon Pepper and Eskymo Orange. So far the Lemon Pepper has been my best bait this season. I've caught a few on the Eskymo Orange, but honestly haven't fished it very much yet, because the other one has been working so well. Ended the trip landing 3 more fish in the 15 to 17 inch range, losing or missing at least 6 other fish.

schmutzomatic 5000
06-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Nice job Chris. Took canoe down Cedar Monday. Lots of fish but, only 3 over 15. All were released, just a heck of a lotta fun havin a bass on ultralite pulling a canoe around. Lol

The Bait Shop Guy
06-03-2012, 10:40 AM
One of the good things about undersized smallmouth - they don't know they're small! Still fight and jump like mad. Always fun on ultra light gear.