PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Fish Pic

Ty Sennett
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
16734Ty and Craig Schlapper with the 48" they boated with Tait Sennett on muskie opener!

Mark Benson
05-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Nice fish Craig & Ty!!!

Mark

deantre
06-04-2012, 05:55 PM
What a great musky, congratulations, way to start the season, will be coming up the week of the 4th, that really has me chomping at the bit. Made up a few bucktails and a globe/bucktail combo I am going to try. Was skunked last year, would be nice to break my bad streak with one of my own creations.

RobertTB
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Does anybody have any idea what those blemishes are that are on that big fish's skin ?

Dan Hardy
06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Does anybody have any idea what those blemishes are that are on that big fish's skin ?

Spawning scars most likely. The big girls can get pretty beat up during the spawn. I would not know this by firsthand experience... just seeing some of Ty's pics.

ChipVet
06-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Spawning scars most likely. The big girls can get pretty beat up during the spawn. I would not know this by firsthand experience... just seeing some of Ty's pics.

Spawning scares definitely; all female spawners have them as the males bang into the sides of the females to help them drop eggs. By the looks of these scars fish are just recoving from the spawn and in my past experiences about 2 weeks from the best bite give or take a few days. Nice fish Ty; coming up on the 18th and if the stars align we can have a couple of cold ones or I'm sure I'll see you on the water.